A new release

News and updates
Milli
Site Admin

A new release

Post by Milli » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:00 am

For all of you CP/M enthusiast I have made a version of CPM for the Adam that can stand toe to toe with TDOS. This version, for use with the ADE and AdamEM (for now) lets you have 4 8MB disk drives, 32MB in total at one time. It replaces the 2 data drives in CPM with disk devices 6 & 7 so that you can mount 8mb images on disk 1, 2, 3, 4 and access them all in CP/M. It also includes a utility that will change drive D: to 160kb on the fly if you need to swap the image with a standard CP/M disk and copy files from it to the 8mb image. You can also mount an EOS image on B,C or D and use the ADAM command to copy content to the 8mb image.

This new image is available form the archive: http://adamarchive.org/archive/Adam/Ada ... %20ADE.zip

This is from the README.TXT in the image:

CPM 2.2 for the ADE

June 24th, 2021

This version of CPM has had the disk parameter blocks modified so that each disk is 8MB in size and can have up to 512 directory entries. Also the device translation table has been changed so that drives A: thru D: correspond to device 4 - 7 allowing you to have 4 disk drives using the ADE. The 2 data drives have been disabled.

To copy software from a 160kb CPM disk image you can use the command '160D.COM' which will temporarily change D: to a standard 160kb disk drive that you can then mount images to on the ADE for copying from 160kb images to the 8mb image.

You can also use the 'ADAM.COM' to copy from any EOS disk image to the 8mb image.

William "Milli" Hicks

NOTE: This is also usable with the AdamEM emulator.
Milli

Wmaalouli

Re: A new release

Post by Wmaalouli » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:20 pm

I only have a couple of VDD's but I still woukd benefit from this release. I'll check it out.
By the way, is it patchable to use an external serial terminal like TDOS?

Milli
Site Admin

Re: A new release

Post by Milli » Fri Jun 25, 2021 5:40 am

I haven’t patched this one but any patch that was made should work on it.
Milli